Friday, February 15, 2013

Goodbye & Hello

My Facebook, along with all it's nonsense, is gone (& let's hope it stays gone). Within a single hour I would have logged into Facebook on average 7 times. I'm awake about 16 hours a day; that's 112 logins PER DAY! Obsessively excessive would be putting it lightly. It wasn't as if I was logging in to participate; it was just mindless scrolling through my newsfeed/people's profiles.  Nearly dropping my phone into a 385° oven as I tried to multitask putting in a roast & logging into Facebook was the eyeopener. Enough was enough.

& on that note, Helllloo new blog world. I'll use this blog (as well as my instagram (@nicolevn)) as a means of unloading all of my thoughts, pictures, recipes, adventures, rants & raves, and of course, the many random things that often occupy my mind.

See you soon!

-N.


UPDATE: I'm FEIGNING and finding that a lot of valuable friend information is no longer accessible since I have no Facebook. I've had to activate to find emails/phone numbers & almost caved in keeping it like so. But not yet...I need a major detox. Maybe in the future when I've realized that I do not need to know what all 650+ of my friends are doing/ranting/dating/not dating/thinking at the very moment. This blog, along with Instagram & Skype, are doing a pretty good job at keeping me connected enough to the Cyber world...at least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment