Thursday, February 28, 2013

Crisis averted


When I find a product I like I buy about 10 years worth of it at a time so that I don’t ever risk the chance of running out. Enter Vick’s Soothing Vapor Shower Disk. My ridiculously large supply of Vick’s tablets made the move with me to Washington, & lasted me the 16 months I’ve lived here. Last week while doing my weekly grocery shopping, I finally remembered I needed to replenish my stash. I mosey on over to the pharmaceutical aisle, ready to stash up for another 10 years. I’m having a bit of trouble locating them, but I figure it’s cause Washington probably keeps them in another aisle. I head over to the pharmacist to ask him where they’re kept.  I was not happy with his answer. THEY ARE DISCONTINUED!!!!!!!!! As in Vick’s DOES NOT MAKE THEM ANYMORE!!!

Enter Pinterest & it’s amazing DIYers. As I frantically do a quick search for a do-it-at-home resolution, I found Sarah at Being Frugal By Choice. Thank any & all Gods! My problem is solved!





Ingredients:
3 C Baking Soda
1 1/3 C Water
Essential Oils: Rosemary, Lavender, & Eucalyptus
Mini muffin tin
Mini muffin liners

Instructions:
-Line your muffin tin with your liners.
-Add 3 C baking soda to a large mixing bowl
-Add the water in by 1/3 C & mix. You want the consistency to be a thick paste.
-Add 15 drops of each essential oil.
-Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each liner.
-Bake at 350º for 10 min.
-Let cool to room temperature.
-Add another drop of each essential oil onto cooled tablets.
-Store tablets in cute apothecary jar & use when Mother Nature kicks your immune system into overdrive. Or if you’re like me, anytime.


NOTE: Remember to remove the muffin liners BEFORE you throw one into your shower!

-N. 

No comments:

Post a Comment