Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A pinch & a dash


If you're anything like me, you have multiple jars of the same spices in your spice cabinet because it's so unorganized that you overlook whichever spice you're in need of & end up going out to buy a whole new jar. I have 6-that's SIX- jars of ground cinnamon in my pantry. Something had to be done. 


Ikea has these cute little metal tins with glass windows for lids which I thought would be perfect for storing spices. To differentiate one tin from another, I picked up some adhesive labels from Michael's for easy labeling. I also glued magnets to the bottom of the tins so that I can just stick them to the side of the fridge for easy access (for an added bonus, it frees up an entire cabinet!!!)

24 labeled & filled jars later, I must say, it feels good! I am so happy to finally have all these spices organized and in its place. I’m actually looking forward to the next recipe that calls for 7+ spices! :P

(These ugly, yucky plastic jars had to go!)

  






Happy organizing! 
-N.

No comments:

Post a Comment